Bad Church, Good Church

Ever had a bad experience at a church? Did you believe everything the church brochure said, especially the part about, "COME ONE, COME ALL, REGARDLESS OF BACKGROUND"? Or, did you actually recieve a PLEASANT EXPERIENCE, when you were not exactly sure what to expect? Tell us your story. We may have a few of our own...

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Update on my slow, downward spiral:
I'm not attending "my" church anymore. It became apparent that this was bad for my health, due to much anxiety over fitting in. An attractive, conservative woman, family beside her, testified that she and her husband had felt the same anxiety over fitting in, since this church is in a well-to-do community. She expressed surprise, saying she and her family had experienced no negative behaviors from other members.
Of course not. As mentioned before, she looked like, "Malibu Barbie". Her husband looked like a famouse actor, firmly established in just the right career, and her children appeared to be cute little elves. I'm guessing their household income to be around 100K.
When the pastor said in the last service I attended that going to the wrong church can actually be bad for you, I took this as an obvious cue. I haven't been back, somewhat content getting my church experience by watching services on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home